Gerald Joe Moreno

Gerald Joe Moreno’s Near Death Experience With Sathya Sai Baba

Posted on: October 29, 2009

Gerald Joe Moreno’s Near Death Experience With Sathya Sai Baba

When I was in India in 2001, I was having some severe bouts of pain in my appendix. I have had appendix pains for well over ten years, however, they would come and go. Since the pain was getting worse, and knowing the added complications of a burst appendix, I decided I better have my appendix removed before it became a medical emergency. I was returning to the U.S. and wanted to have the operation before I departed. The operation cost was significantly lower than the U.S. too. It cost me about $1,000.

I went to the Mallaya Hospital in Bangalore and talked to a doctor there. We both felt it was time for the appendix to come out. I was to have a laparoscopic appendectomy. I set up the date for the surgery and was admitted a day prior to the operation to receive intravenous antibiotics and take other medical tests.

Well, I had the surgery. It seemed like everything was fine. I had quite a bit of pain, but that was normal. One thing I was worried about was that one of the incisions was on the wrong side of my abdomen. Instead of making an incision near the appendix, they made an incision on the opposite side of my abdomen. The doctor and the attendant doctors told me that my appendix had been removed and not to worry. Obviously, they had made a mistake.

The day after the surgery, the IV needle was not in my vein and my hand puffed out because the fluid was going into surrounding tissue and not where it was supposed to go. The nurse removed the IV. Not too long after this, after waking up from a nap, when I awoke, I was not seeing properly and I felt like I was going crazy. I realized I was dehydrated. I had a friend with me who brought me water and I drank a lot to hydrate myself. I felt better.

The doctor had prescibed heavy doses of antibiotics and I had diarrhea non-stop. The doctor never stopped in to visit me. I was not impressed with the care I was getting and I finally told them to discharge me.

I stayed in Bangalore for a couple of weeks and had a mild fever that did not go away. I also was sweating so profusely, I would literally soak the bed and my sheets with my perspiration. I almost went crazy twice. I still remember looking in the mirror and wondering who was that person in my room! I felt like screaming and had to fight to keep my sanity. I realized again, that I was dehydrated and starting drinking copious amounts of water with electrolytes. Thankfully, the feelings of insanity left.

My diarrhea had stopped and besides the sweating and mild fever, I was feeling okay. I was to leave India in about a week and a half. I returned to Puttaparthi to get all of my stuff together and to clear out my banking account.

Puttaparthi is very hot. The temperatures easily exceed 95 degrees on any given day, for the majority of the year. When I got to Puttaparthi, I felt very ill. My fever skyrocketed and I was completely saturating my bed and sheets with perspiration. I felt extremely weak and I was having terrible pain over my incision sites. I had some pain medication that the doctor prescribed, that was given to women during labor, and it did absolutely nothing for the pain I had.

I was feeling so awful and perspiring so profusely, I decided I had to return to the hospital. The perspiration was literally pouring off my body and I found that I was too weak to move. I didn’t have the energy to get up or call for help! It was very distressing.

Ever since the operation, for about 3 weeks, I could not sleep due to the pain. I would only get a few naps and several hours each night. The pain was awful.

I could not figure out how I was going to get to the hospital and arrange for a taxi at midnight. I was also going to have to cancel my plane tickets, etc.

Feeling thoroughly exhausted, I closed my eyes and to my astonishment, I heard a beautiful, woman’s voice in my room! She said very clearly, in a sparkling voice, “Here is someone who will cure you!” Startled, I opened my eyes and I saw a long black tunnel. There was a pinpoint of light in the distance. I don’t remember traveling through the tunnel, but the Light became brighter and was finally in front of me. Within that light, I saw Sathya Sai Baba. He was staring at me with his hand held up in blessing. He was very clear. Then, I was back in my room and I pondered what I just saw and felt a deep sense of relief.

Then, for the first time in 3 weeks, I slept for 12 hours straight! When I awoke 90% of my pain vanished and I had enough energy to pack, clear out my accounts and make all the arrangements I needed to make. I even had the energy to go shopping! The perspiring was significantly less. My pain level was so low, I did not feel the need to take any pain medication! Everything went very smoothly and I departed back to my country.

Needless to say, I am all well now. Thanks to a blessing I got from Baba “In the Light”.


The following image is a full and original screencap taken from Gerald Joe Moreno’s www0db0www Geocities website. Geocities Closed On October 26th 2009. The screencap has a “bubbled” watermark on it to prevent more fraudulent screencaps from being created and dispersed by Ex-Devotees of Sathya Sai Baba. Contrary to Ex-Devotee’s unsupported claims, Moreno’s Geocities webpages were never duplicated on his domain. On October 21st 2009, Moreno personally contacted and requested a block to his Geocities webpages as an extra measure to prevent abuse:

Gerald Joe Moreno Near Death Experience With Sathya Sai Baba

www0db0www Formerly Archived And Blocked On October 21st 2009 Due To Screencap Fraud

www0db0www Formerly Archived And Blocked On October 21st 2009 Due To Screencap Fraud

Yahoo Email Notice Regarding GeoCities Closure

Yahoo Email Notice Regarding GeoCities Closure


Gerald Joe Moreno Archives

Gerald Joe Moreno Categories

%d bloggers like this: