The Dubious History Of The So-Called ‘Sai Petition’ Against Sathya Sai Baba
Posted June 9, 2010on:
The Dubious History Of The So-Called ‘Sai Petition’ Against Sathya Sai Baba
Ex-Devotee’s original ‘Sai Petition’ was first created in 2002 on the PetitionOnline.com website at http://www.petitiononline.com/saibaba/petition.html (which has subsequently been deleted). The first 799 signature submissions were obtained through the PetitionOnline.com website. Just how valid are the petitions on PetitionOnline.com? Take a look at the following absurd ‘petitions’ and judge for yourself:
- An Open Letter to God Petition
- Decriminalize My Good Friend Mary Jane
- 1,000 signatures and I get my tongue pierced!
- Abolish Christianity
- Bono For Pope
- Choose to worship Yoda as your new God
- All Play And No More Work (A Plea To God)
- Petition to God for Longer Orgasms
- Ban Low Flow Toilets Petition
- Prayers to Satan in School Petition
- Eat More Cheese Petition
That’s right, the original Sai Petition was created on a website where anyone can create any petition he/she chooses. These so-called ‘petitions’ can easily be spammed with fake entries and do not have any way of verifying the identities of the people who sign them. Choose any petition you want and submit your name multiple times using fake email addresses.
In a letter entitled, “Towards Public Accountability and Due Investigation: A Formal Open Appeal to ‘The Prashanti Council’”, JuST invited the Prashanti Council to an “…honest and decent, but basically uncensored, public discussion…” Well, if JuST’s Online Petition is any example of the “honesty and decency” that they claim to exemplify, it is of little wonder that no one has agreed to speak to them.
JuST also distinguished itself from the Sai Organization by accusing the Sai Organization of “soviet-style control of all information”. Nevertheless, JuST does the very same thing with their Sai Petition. They screened submissions (Soviet-style) and accepted only vile and unsubstantiated submissions without verifying them.
Some of the “approved” submissions to JuST’s Original Sai Petition:
- “He tried to murder my childhood friend”
- “This mentally-deranged paedophile must be investigated and jailed for his crimes.”
- “act fast and throw that idiot behind the bars”
- “Must punish Sai Baba cult groups. It is a cancer or HIV-AID or sars dangerous transmitter diseases.”
- “Sai Baba is the devil. He sums up what hinduism is all about. Hindusism is a racist methodology which discriminates on the basis of a caste system and is steeped in sexual deviancy.”
- “People should beware of him and his death will be a blessing for all humanity. Compare Sai baba and hinduism to the purity and justice that Islam represents.”
- “Baba is no God; he’s the opposite of GOD – DOG!”
- “It is very sad that the small & poor countries have to adopt the laws of homosexuality, prostiuates and so on to be accept in international organizations”
- “I have also heard a lot of things abt this guy, who so shamelessly calls himself an incarnation of God. He is infact an incarnation of ‘Satan’. He is so ugly looking that I wonder how can one ever think God could look like him.”
- “behead this and all other false gurus”
- “STOP THIS DEMON!!!!” (which happens to be repeated ver batim in other posts)
- “There is a (homosexual) spammer in this forum who not surprisingly might be one of SB’s little morons who run around annoying others by trying to get them to react to his stupid little remarks. When he is caught, this filthy garbage of an Indian will not get any more pleasure from his childish nonsense. I think he may have had sexual relations with SB.”
Is this the “moral and decent” example that JuST seeks to provide?
Update: October 3rd 2004: Original Petition Page Closed Down:
On the very same day ex-devotees received Gerald Joe Moreno’s e-mail exposing their bogus ‘Sai Petition’, they closed down the original Sai Petition on the PetitionOnline.com website and fully acknowleded that the original Sai Petition could be (and was) spammed! This refutes the “legal” status that Randi Godager and the SaiPetition.net Administrator attributed to the petition. Despite closing down their original petition, JuST is keeping their newer petition at SaiPetition.net, which allows them to have more “soviet style” control over the submissions; allowing them to delete, modify and alter the submissions according to their whims and fancies.
The original petition was closed down with the following message:
“NO FURTHER SIGNATURES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THIS PETITION SINCE IT WAS SPAMMED BY UNCONSCIONABLE SAI DEVOTEES IN SABOTAGE ATTEMPTS WHICH THEN GAVE AN INACCURATE NUMBER OF GENUINE SIGNERS. BESIDES, IT DOES NOT ACTUALLY REQUIRE A VERIFIABLE E-MAIL ADDRESS, AS DOES THE NEW VERSION AT http://www.saipetition.net. FURTHER, THE LINKS ON THE MAIN PAGE HERE ARE OUTDATED OR HAVE CHANGED. CRITICS OF THIS PETITION ARE PERSONS WHO BELIEVE SAI BABA IS GOD ALMIGHTY INCARNATE IN INDIA, EVEN THOUGH HE IS CREDIBLY ACCUSED BY PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD AS HAVING SEXUALLY ABUSED THEM. THIS HAS BEEN MADE INTERNATIONALLY KNOW IN THE BBC DOCUMENTARY ‘THE SECRET SWAMI’ (search web for info.)” (Reference)
JuST and Arthur Klein lied no less than five times:
- JuST and Arthur Klein lied about Sai Devotees “sabotaging” their site. A quick check with PetitionOnline.net verified that NO act of sabotage was perpetrated on JuST’s Original Petition page.
- JuST and Arthur Klein lied when they said the Original Petition page was “spammed”. All the entries submitted to the Original Petition page were screened and approved by the petition Administrators. How can someone spam the Original Petition if submissions were screened and approved by them first?
- JuST and Arthur Klein lied about Gerald Moreno, saying he gave an: “…inaccurate number of genuine signers.”. As Joe Moreno pointed out before, anyone can compare the signatures on both Petition Sites and see the additions, deletions and alterations for him/her self.
- Furthermore (as if this could not be even more embarassing for JuST and Arthur Klein) they lied when they said that the newer petition at SaiPetition.net verifies emails. It most certainly does not. Joe Moreno made another false submission at SaiPetition.net using a fake email. Look for the name, “Laim Ekaf”. Read that name backwards and you have “Fake Mial” or “fake mail” (Update: SaiPetition.net is now screening submissions as of October 9th 2004 due to this lie that could be verified firsthand).
- JuST and Arthur Klein lied about Moreno, saying: “…CRITICS OF THIS PETITION ARE PERSONS WHO BELIEVE SAI BABA IS GOD ALMIGHTY INCARNATE IN INDIA…”. Gerald Joe Moreno never said he believes that Sathya Sai Baba is God almighty. Where did they get this information from? Who told them this? Certainly, not Moreno. Moreno sees Sathya Sai Baba as a Spiritual Personality, not God.
If JuST and Arthur Klein publicly lie about (and on) the petition, what else are they lying about? The closing comment reveals how bitter and vitriolic these people truly are.
Update: October 14th 2004: Original Petition Page Completely Removed:
The petition administrators completely removed the original petition off the PetitionOnline.com website in a deceitful attempt to hide the truth about their bogus Sai Petition. Nevertheless, Moreno made and maintains a complete catalog of screen captures from the Original Petition page, including all 799 signatures, multiple signatures, deletions and forum-like postings.
- Relevant Links Pertaining To The Sai Petition
- A Formal, Open Appeal to the JuST Seekers of Truth
- Dishonesty At SaiPetition.net
- Analysis of Merged Petitions
- The Anonymous SaiPetition.net “Committee” Responds
- A Response From An Anonymous “Cowardly Creature”
- 13 post analysis